Thứ Hai, 29 tháng 10, 2012

 “Secrets” about extraordinary man Nguyen Ngoc Ky

 VietNamNet Bridge – The phenomenal example of legendary teacher Nguyen Ngoc Ky can make many people feel ashamed of themselves.

Teacher Ky scoops up food by his foot.

At the age of 4, the boy Nguyen Ngoc Ky’s two arms were paralyzed after illness. It was thought that the boy's life was 'crucified' to the fate of disability.

Yet, with extraordinary courage, Nguyen Ngoc Ky has not only "beyond himself," but also has achieved successes that many people have dreamed of ...

Now, at the age of 67, Mr. Ky, a retired teacher, is a writer and a consultant for 1080!

Having just left hospital after dialysis, Ky lied in bed to talk with us. We were afraid that he might be tired, but strangely, his voice was still strong: “No, no problem! People are usually tired after 3 hours of dialysis but I take advantage of that time to turn it into 3 helpful hours by practicing meditation. The effect is extraordinary.”

Special teacher Nguyen Ngoc Ky had a very cordial talks with us.

Could you tell me more about the method you are applying?

He is reading newspaper.

In 1972, I visited the sapper training course in Phu Ly and a colonel instructed me to breathe deeply and move the air flow inside my body. Good effect! Then, in 1992 - 1993 I moved into the South, I began practicing exercises and studying energy healing.

The result is wonderful. I do not eat much, but I’m very healthy. I have to sit a lot, but my belly is not big and my body remains balanced.

You have practiced methods that bring about "very miraculous results" as you have said, but why do you still have to need dialysis?

(Laughs) I’m now nearly 70 years old. You know, I suffered from illness, paralysis of both hands, and my body was sick, do not like normal people when I was a boy.

Yet, apart from multiply efforts than normal people to do things that normal people do, I have to have good health, too.

I take an example for you to understand. When I was at primary school, to fold a bird, my classmates needed only 1 minute but I had to fold it by feet for a hundred of times!

Since the age of four, when I started the first grade until I entered the college, when I became a teacher, participated in many meetings, talks and seminars all over the country, I had to take health multiple times more than normal people.

I participated in 1,330 talks. About 60 years of studying, living and working, besides the will, energy, health is a must.

If I do not practice, how can I have health to be like today?

As a consultant for the 1080 switchboard, how do you see the changes of our society today compared to the years when you were young?

He waters plants by his mouth.

Our society is developing very fast so many orders and values have changed a lot. I am extremely poignant this: Happiness that is framed in stiff values will become unhappiness!

Those who called me are mainly students, parents, and other objects, but the main themes are love, marriage, family…

Once a girl who was preparing to commit suicide called me to tell her story and ask me a few questions. After hearing her story, I told her: "You are very lucky, I wish I was you..."

Her story is actually the story of a lot of people in our society, but the problem is they do not find the solution for it.

Or another case of confusion, tragedy: The husband is a successful businessman. His beautiful young wife is 20 years old less than him. Due to work pressure, the business did not have time for his family. His wife had adultery with his young employee.

I told him what caused this tragedy and more importantly, how to deal with it. That afternoon the businessman texted his wife for a date at a quiet romantic place to talk according to my "script." Then the couple overcame the risk of break-up.

They had a healing evening full of happiness. The next day the man took his wife to see me. He thanked me and said: "I regret to not see you sooner!"

The society is now "opener" than in your young age?

The current trend is love being associated with sex. But there is also the trend of sex alone. This is just instinct, part of human nature.

As a consultant who is a writer and used to be a teacher, how do you assess the current trend of young people as well as the social problems that you face during the consultant process?

It is true that our society is becoming more open, more modern. However, everything must be rational, under certain conditions. Otherwise, it will fall from one extreme to another extreme.

There is a boy whose parents live in the United States but he only wanted to live in Vietnam. Because he liked to living in “freedom.”

He lived in a luxury house, was served by a maid and had a driver who takes him to school. When he was an 11th grade student, he had a girlfriend and he took her home to sleep together.

This is a case of relaxed instincts, needs and losing the will. Cases like this, unfortunately, happen for children of officials and rich families.

In contrast, there are extremely good students, who only focus on studies to prepare for the future.

It is a divide in society today, especially in young people, students. If we can identify it so there's no surprise or wonder. In the general trend of the times, we need to give more support to young people to help them find the right direction.

Difficulty and hardship can better train people than richness and happiness? From your experience, what do you think about this conclusion?

Hardships train good people. That's right.

In a recent exchange, a student asked me: "From a boy with two paralyzed arms, how could you become a teacher. Have you ever felt a complex?"

I said: "Yes, I felt a lot of complex. I know who I’m, a person with a disability! To offset the losses, I have to try more than normal, try in an extraordinary way! That is the way of a disabled person like me.”

My life is the life of a person with disabilities, so I always try to compensate by time and efforts, creativity and dreams and determination.

During my school time I always suffered from this. My classmates initially teased me. I was just quiet with my disabled hands but in my heart, I was determined to compensate my disabilities by my wisdom.

As a result, after some time, many of my classmates who used to tease me turned to ask me about lessons and play with me!

Duy Chien

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét