Thứ Tư, 31 tháng 10, 2012

 Touching love story of the “extraordinary man”

 VietNamNet Bridge – “I “hugged" her with my eyes! We sat together to feel our love and talked with each other until midnight. The stars were brighter. The atmosphere was extraordinarily quiet. Later, she sat on my lap, I put my feet around her to hug her tightly,” teacher Nguyen Ngoc Ky recalled his first love.

“Extraordinary man” Nguyen Ngoc Ky and his studies
“Secrets” about extraordinary man Nguyen Ngoc Ky

Your example of overcoming difficulties and the fate has been known to many people. What about your love story? There are still many secrets about it. Could you "reveal" something?

(Laugh) I've always been happy, fortunate in friendship and love even though I’m paralyzed of both arms!

In the 6th grade, I was invited to speak at a school. After the talks, a schoolgirl ran up to the platform, taking off her red scarf to put it on my shoulder. I was so happy! In the 7th grade, that girl moved to my school and studied in the same class with me!

She had a very good Chinese compass, which was very rare and very precious at that time. But she put it in my bag together with a piece of paper with several words "To NNK (abbreviation of Nguyen Ngoc Ky)".

After that, the girl, named Lieu studied accounting. Until know, we are still good friends, after half of a century!

That’s friendship, how about love? I’ve heard that it was also very romantic.

After I graduated from the college, I returned home to teach at the same school with my previous teacher, Mr. Chau.

A friend of mine visited me, with his daughter. Love at first sight, I was stunned. She also delivered a "signal." I expressed my love to her.

About 20 days later, she rode her bike to the school to visit his brother, when he was out! So she met me. We chatted.

She invited me to go out. That was the first time I sat behind a girl on a bicycle on the road. I was very touched.

We’d hang out, talked, forget all else around. By the time we remembered it was dark. She was about to go home but I was determined to hold her back. That night the sky was without the moon but there were a lot of sparkling stars only and we were together...

What then?

“I “hugged" her with my eyes! We sat together to feel our love and talked with each other until midnight. The stars were brighter. The atmosphere was extraordinarily quiet. Later, she sat on my lap, I put my feet around her to hug her tightly.

Wow, it is so ... unique!

Mr. Ky and his current wife, who is his first wife's younger sister.
Teacher Ky stopped here. Perhaps he was recollecting his first love. Then he used his feet to seek a notebook on the shelf, with comments of his visitors, to show me a poem by poet Truong Nam Huong, entitled "Fun verses to Nguyen Ngoc Ky."

There is a schoolboy
With books in the mind
The soft hands guide wind
The feet write sentences
His love is very clear
Do not use the hands ... to enjoy spring
Every night with wife
Loving her by... three legs


After I read the poem, teacher Ky said:

"She" in the poem is my first wife. Her name is Vu Thi Nhieu, also a teacher, who was with me for tens of years and shared with me all sadness and happiness in life. She died for tens of years!

It seems that you are pretty "lucky" and happy in love?

Not completely! She and I came together with love, but we faced intense opposition from her family. Because the love with me, she was thwarted and beaten so much!

Who would believe that the most beautiful girl in the region, who studied highly chose a disabled husband like me?

Thanks to poet Doan Van Cu, who lived near her home, her father allowed us to get married. Poet Doan Van Cu had credibility with her father because her father was a fan of Cu’s poems. Poet Cu told him that I had talent, good capacity and I was a good son-in-law.

And it is the fate to have love and to marry someone. Finally, her father agreed! The wedding was held!

Your marriage life must be very "special" to overcome obstacles and to be happy?

I and my wife were both teachers. Like others, we had to try a lot to build a happy family and to bring up our children. I always have to try multiples higher than normal people to compensate for my defects and misfortune.

In addition to teaching, do you help your wife with housework and child care? And how can you do?

There's nothing that I do not do. The most difficult stage was when we shared a house with my mother. When my wife delivered the first child, I had to handle more housework.

After school, I did housework. Up early in the morning I did the laundry at a nearby pond. My mother saw this; she was merciful and shouted at my wife: "Your husband has two paralyzed arms. He teaches all day but he has to get up early to do laundry, how can you let him do it?"

My wife was weak after giving birth. Being afraid that she was sad, I had to encourage and comfort her a lot. Since then I had to get up very early to do laundry to avoid my mum’s eyes, then I came back to the bed waiting for the morning to go to school. Thanks to that trick, I could maintain peace in my home!

You are an extraordinary example but your wife is also an extraordinary woman who dared to love with the heart and overcome all obstacles to marry you. In your married life, do you have any secret to nurture your great love and the happiness of your family?

Back then, many people told me that only mad girls agree to marry me.

So when I married the most beautiful girl in the area, I had to try to build and maintain my happiness.

Secret? Living and trying with all my heart.

I've told my friends that I had paralyzed arms but in return, the god gives me great happiness.

My wife is "the gift of God" for me. When she knew that she could not be besides me for any longer, my wife was very worried about me. She did not know how I would live without her. Our children have grown and they would have their husband and wife.

On the hospital bed, my wife did not stop thinking about me.

My wife’s younger sister (my current wife) lived in the North at that time and her husband had died for more than 10 years ago. She lived alone with her two children. She flew from the North to the South to visit her sister who was about to die.

Lying in bed, my wife cried and held her sister’s hands to say: "I beg you only one thing. You replace me to be the wife of Ky, to love and take care of him in his remaining days."

I could not hold back tears, turned away, and did not know what to say.

Actually, before my wife’s sister’s visit, my wife talked to me several times about this, but I brushed off.

I did not expect that my wife told her sister her last wish and then went forever...

My current second wife is my first wife’s younger sister. Her name is Vu Thi Dau.

Duy Chien

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét